Twitter are running the Chirp Developer Challenge this year.
The main requirement is that you build and submit a solution using the Twitter API v2.
This is a hackathon initiative with a whole bunch of incentives that include, but are not limited to:
- being featured at the Chirp Developer Conference
- total prizes valued at over $500K
- monetary prizes of upto $10,000
- paid and organic promotion
- free tickets to the Chirp Developer Conference
- free access to enterprise-grade Twitter API
- office hours with Product and DevRel Teams
I entered something similar multiple times in the in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Each of these eventually morphed into Social Opinion.
Final submissions need to sent by August 19th and submissions must include:
- Provide a URL to your code repository for judging and testing
- Include a video (less than 3 minutes) that demonstrates your submission
- Identify which category you are submitting into
- Provide Twitter handle associated with developer account
- Provide access to the deployed version of your app
If you build on .NET I have an open source SDK written in C#. This can help you quickly integrate with the Twitter API v2 without having to worry about OAuth and creating API calls.
You can find it here.
This has support for most endpoints and will help you build quickly.
Help us unlock new experiences for people on Twitter, and inspire other developers. We want to push the boundaries of what’s possible with our platform. We need your help to bring to life the experiences that will define this new frontier.
Some of the areas you can build solutions for include:
- Content discovery
- Conversation safety tools
- Public good apps
Find out more information about the developer conference hackathon here.
Thank you for another fantastic article. The place else may just anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect means of writing?
I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such information.